Roasted Veggie Tacos
My family loves just about anything that I will stuff into a tortilla with cheese. We do Taco Tuesdays weekly with a different filling of veggies. These fajita tacos have tons of flavor and are incredibly satisfying without the addition of meat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced (I prefer light sweet potatoes like Hannah or Japanese)
- 1 head of broccoli or 2, 10 ounce bags, ends trimmed, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 bell peppers, (red, orange and green) sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided between trays
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt, divided between trays
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ of each teaspoon chili powder, smoked paprika and Mexican oregano
- For serving - corn tortillas, shredded cheese, guacamole, and salsa
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. On 1st baking sheet, combine broccoli, sweet potatoes, 2 tbsps. olive oil, chopped garlic and toss. Add cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, 1 ½ tsps. salt, and toss again until evenly coated.
- On 2nd baking sheet, combine bell peppers, onions, 2 tbsps. olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Bell pepper and onion mixture often takes an additional 5 minutes until some blackening occurs.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Pop the tray into the oven below the peppers and onions for the final 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Top the warm, cheesy tortillas with roasted veggies. Add guacamole, lime, salsa and sour cream as desired.